Last weekend I had the pleasure of being an NYC tourist. Now, isn’t it funny that when you’re in other cities you do all the cheezy touristy activities but when you’re in New York you scoff at all the tourists taking pictures with the most mundane things (cue photos in front of Macy’s, cocktails etc.)
The day started out well. It was 70 and sunny. The tour guidess was freaking awesome. She’s a standup comic, Amy Albert and quite possibly the funniest I’ve seen in a while. She kept the energy high and the crowd laughing. Amy laughed, joked, pointed out Sex and the City landmarks and then played the clips from the show to refresh your memory. For an avid fan of SATC the tour was a dream come true, and this is coming from a New Yorker(yeah, yeah I’m from Cleveland, I’ve lived here for 5 years). There are so many places you didn’t realize were where your favorite scene took place. It really made the show come to life.
- Visit over 40 locations seen in Sex and the City on this tour!
- Listen to hilarious narration from your guide-ess aboard a luxury air-conditioned bus.
- Have a cupcake at the bakery where Carrie and Miranda noshed the tiny treats (cupcake included).
- Stop at Aidan and Steve’s bar used on Sex and the City (drinks not included) to get a Cosmopolitan.
- Visit the church where Samantha meets The Friar.
- Stop at the store where Charlotte bought her Rabbit.
- See the furniture store where Aidan designed his pieces and Carrie got humped by Pete.
There are also locations from Sex and the City: The Movie interspersed in the tour (think Carrie and Big’s rehearsal dinner).
Note to all you Mommies on vacay with your daughters, this tour is NOT PG. The guide starts off the tour by exclaiming that this isn’t the TBS version of SATC–we’re on the HBO show tour. We then began the day by screaming obscenities to warm ourselves up.
We had an awesome day and I’d absolutely recommend this tour to anyone–girls looking for fun, bachelorettes, fashionistas.
I’m happy to be able to host a giveaway of 2 tickets to the daily public Sex & the City Tour (an $84 value) courtesy of On Screen Tours – the gift certificates never expire so the winner can use them whenever you visit New York in the future.
To enter just leave us a comment AND either:
Subscribe to our Daily Email; or
Mention @MsSmartypanties and the Giveaway; or
Post about it on your personal blog for 2 entries!
Winner will be announced April 17th! So get your entries in!
“It’s really hard to walk in a single woman’s shoes — that’s why you sometimes need really special shoes!” –Carrie Bradshaw
*FTC Disclosure: We were given two tickets to do this review*