It’s that time again! Time for your favorite feature, “25 Things You Dont Know About” your favorite travel bloggers, modeled after US Weekly’s famous section where celebs dish about random facts in their lives. That’s always the most interesting stuff to me! So that’s what I do here, I help you learn about the fun and silly secrets of your favorite travel bloggers. This week I’m featuring Jayne Gorman. Jayne is a freelance writer and social media specialist. She is the author of award-winning travel blog 40before30, about her quest to blog 40 countries before her 30th birthday. She also runs a site dedicated to shopping on your travels at TravellingShopaholic. We had the chance to meet Jayne when we were abroad in London and she’s so warm and sweet! We were seated across the table from each other and didn’t get to chat as much as I had hoped. So, to compensate I did this feature and got to find out 25 super fun facts about her! Check ’em out!
1. I am left-handed
2. I was a straight A geek at school
3. I am a bachelor of Law
4. Which basically means I have a law degree from Kings College London
5. I secured the lead in a musical at primary school only to get the giggles halfway through my big solo. That was the end of my acting career.
6. I have done a tandem skydive from 15,000 feet
7. I nearly died white water rafting in New Zealand. I had to go down a grade 5 rapid on my bum as there was no other way to rescue me.
8. I saved for my gap year by working at BMW’s UK Head Office even though..
9. I don’t own a drivers license
10. I do own a bicycle though
11. And I am (sometimes) brave enough to ride it around the streets of London
12. I live in London
13. I date a travel blogger
14. He is Australian
15. We did out first ever press trip together
16. To Sweden
17. My first ever blog was called 7 months in 7 dresses
18. But I really packed more than 7 dresses in my backpack
19. And I stopped writing it after only 4 months
20. Because it was hard to get internet connection in Fiji!
21. I’m obsessed with India though
22. And read several books about it each month
23. In fact, I read a lot
24. But writing is my passion
25. I dream of being a published author one day
Keep up with Jayne on Twitter @JayneyTravels