As you know, I just recently returned from a trip to Paris. One of the best parts of Paris (if not the best) is enjoying the Parisien cuisine. You haven’t visited Paris if you haven’t hit up its best restaurants. I tried to gather a group of my favorite places we ate at during our stay, from the most luxurious to the most casual place. Without further ado, after much research and planning here are the places I think are not to be missed.
1. Truffles, truffles and more truffles at Le Cinq. Undoubtedly one of France’s finest dining establishments serves traditional French cuisine with a light twist. Everything here is divine.
2.The roast chicken and escargots at Le Grand Colbert. This Parisien favorite featured in Something’s Gotta Give has certainly earned its solid reputation.
3. The Boeuf bourguignon at Chez Josephine Dumonet. This charming bistro takes you back to the era of the Belle Epoque when the food was slow cooked and tasty.
4. Falafel at L’as du Fallafel. This hole in the wall eatery is always packed to the gills, and with good reason. Be prepared to wait outside for a bit.
5. The Best Burger in the World (deemed by the New York Times) at Le Dali. Enjoy the brilliant ambience here in a dining room recently redesigned by none other than famed French architect, Phillipe Starck.
6. Macarons at Laduree and/or Pierre Herme. Rest your feet at one of the finest bakeries in Paris. Check out Pierre Herme if you’re looking for some funky flavors–sometimes they even have foie gras macarons!
7. Pastries (think croissants and eclairs) at Boulangerie Jacky Milcent, Gerard Mulot or Sacha Finkelsztajn
8. Baguettes at Bread and Roses or Polaine.
9. Crepes on the Street anywhere!
10. Hot Chocolate at Angelina.
Prepping for a trip to Paris? Be sure to check out my Favorite Movies to Watch Before you go to Paris
Also be sure to visit our post about the Classic Things to Do in Paris
And our pick for the Best Luxury Hotel in Paris